Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Red Curry Vegetables and Rice Pasta

Last night's dinner was a creation in a pan. The idea started when I decided to try some of the rice noodles that I recently purchased from Country Life Natural Foods.


Then, I felt confident that I needed to include coconut milk in whatever I ended up making.


And...in my opinion if you are going to use coconut milk, then you need some red curry too...and that is how last night's dinner evolved.


Red Curry & Veggies with Brown Rice Pasta 
serves 2-4 (depending on hunger level)
Ingredients:
rice noodles (as much as you need)
1 can coconut milk
2 tsp red curry paste 
(I added more hot red pepper to mine, but this spice level was good for my husband)
2 Tb fresh basil, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 small broccoli head
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach
(Add whatever veggies you want: bell pepper, squash, bean sprouts....ect)
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
coconut for garnish

Directions:
1. Saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, add broccoli once onions become translucent.
2. Dissolve red curry paste in 1/4 cup boiling water. 
3. Add coconut milk, dissolved curry paste and basil to the vegetables. Bring to a boil, the simmer for 30 - 60 minutes. Simmering for longer will develop more flavor. 
4.  Prepare rice noodles 10 minutes before eating.
5.  About 5 minutes before eating add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add hot red pepper if desired. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve curry sauce over rice noodles. 







No comments:

Post a Comment