Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Food - Red Lentils, Squash and Coriander

Ezra is starting to eat a wider range of foods. We have just recently added red lentils to his menu. I chose red lentils because I love them, we have a lot of them, they are inexpensive and they are easy to cook. When you are picking  lentils keep in mind that there are different varieties. Red lentils work well for babies since they cook fast, get quite mushy and are supposed to cause less gas than other lentil varieties.

Earlier in the week, I had baked a squash, pureed it, then froze it into cubes.

Today, I cooked the red lentils...I simply put about 2 cups of lentils and 2 cups of water into a sauce pan. I brought the water to a boil, then simmered the lentils for 20 minutes or so, till were good and mushy.


Then I simply mixed two thawed squash cubes with a few tablespoons of cooked lentils and a dash of coriander. 


Then I froze the remainder of the cooked lentils in our for Fresh Baby Food Storage Trays for future lentil combinations. 








No comments:

Post a Comment