- mixed raw veggies (carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, cabbage chunks or slices - whatever you have)
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded if you like mild or leave in the seeds if you like hot
- 2 T course sea salt (I like Celtic Sea Salt for fermenting)
- 1 T fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, quartered
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
1. Fill a half gallon mason jar about half full with filtered water. Add salt, dill, peppercorns, garlic jalapeno, onion and enough raw veggies to fill the jar within one inch of the top. Add more filtered water if you need to inorder to cover the vegetables.
2. Make sure your veggies stay under the liquid. Weigh them down with a weight or small jar if needed. Screw on the mason jar lid and ferment on your counter for 5 to 7 days. (Whole veggies take longer to ferment than shredded, so I like to leave mine for about 7 days) Refrigerate to stop the fermentation process and enjoy!
Experiment with different veggies till you find your favorite combination!