Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Egg FreeIngredients:
1 1/2 cups chick pea/ garbanzo bean flour (I ground mine fresh in my Nurtri Mill)
3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tb olive oil
Peanut Oil for frying (or other frying oil)
1. Oil a baking sheet with sides
2. Put the flour in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in the water. Then whisk in salt, pepper and olive oil. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, and then cook, stirring until mixture is thick and smooth, about 5 min.
3. Pour the hot mixture into the prepared baking sheet. It should form a layer no more than 1/2 inch thick. Let cool completely. It will be quite firm.
4. Invert the pan onto a cutting surface. Cut the chick pea sheet into strips about 1/2 inch by 2-3 inches.
5. Poor Peanut Oil into a deep saucepan to a depth of about 2 inches. When oil is hot, add strips, a few at a time; do not crowd the pan. Fry til golden brown, 2-3 min. Be careful....I burned my fingers!
6. Using a slotted spoon remove fritters to paper towels to drain and continue with remaining fritters. Arrange on a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper, serve warm.