Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Custard Tartlets

Ingredients
1 recipe basic pie crust (I added a tsp. of cinnamon)
2 recipes whipped cashew kream (I added about 1 T of unsweetened cocoa powder)

Directions
Form tartlets with pie crust. Fill with whipped cashew kream. Top with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries or cacao nibs.

Serve right away or refrigerate for up to 3 days.

I made my tart crusts in a mini muffin tin lined with plastic wrap. Half of the basic pie crust recipe made 16 mini tartlets. After I formed the crusts in the tin, I refrigerated them to harden. Then filled each tartlet with a dallop of whipped cashew kream and topped with a strawberry.

forming tartlet crust in mini tins

crusts chilled and hardened
filled with kream and topped with a strawberry
delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment