Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls

This recipe was created by my friend, Pam. These Peanut Butter Balls are a delicious and fairly nutritious snack that can be enjoyed by all ages. I love them, so I am adding them to my blog, so that I never loose the recipe. (6.) I am thankful for friends to share recipes with!


The recipe is pretty flexible so I'll just give approximate amounts. Eyeball it, you don't need to measure them out.

In a blender or food processor, combine:
1/2 cup dried fruit (could be any combination of raisin, figs, cranberries, apricots)
1/3 cup nuts (I usually use almonds, walnuts, cashews)

Process until everything is cut up into pretty small pieces. Dump into a large bowl.

Add:
1/4 cup quick oats, or old-fashioned oats, pulsed a few times in the blender
1-2 Tbsp of wheat germ
1-2 Tbsp of dried unsweetened coconut
Can also add 1 Tbsp ground flax

Mix well and then scoop in about 3/4 cup peanut butter. Mix together until it starts holding together, you may need to add more peanut butter. You should use your hands near the end of the mixing here, to check the consistency. Form small balls, anywhere from marble to ping pong ball size, depending on your preference and what size mouths are eating them. (I usually make mine too big for my kids and end up splitting them in half with my hands right before they pop one in!) Place balls on a plate and freeze for 10 minutes, or refrigerate for 20. Enjoy! Any balls you don't eat right away will store well in a tupperware in the fridge. I haven't frozen them, but I'm sure you could do that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment