For dinner Peter suggested we saute some shrimp in butter and lemon juice...this is what I ended up doing.
2 Tb butter
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup sherry or dry white cooking wine
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
juice of one lemon
1 or 1/2 jalapeño (depending on your spice tolerance)
1 mango, diced
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups fresh spinach
amount 1/2 pound of shrimp (I used farm raised, frozen, pre-cooked)
salt and pepper
1. Prepare pasta, rice, polenta or quinoa to serve with Mango Salsa Shrimp.
2. Melt butter and saute garlic. Add sherry, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add scallions, lemon juice, mango, jalapeño and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add tomatoes, cilantro simmer for 2-5 minutes. Add shrimp and spinach, cook till shrimp is warm and spinach is barely wilted.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve over pasta, rice, polenta, or quinoa.