|Store your granola bars individually for quick to-go treats.|
- Here is a delicious and easy homemade snack. I just whipped up my first batch, combining the ingredients took about 5 minutes, now they are firming up in the freezer and they will be ready to sample later this afternoon. You can tailor the ingredients to meet you preferences. The varieties are endless.
- This recipe is reminiscent of a no bake oatmeal cookie I used to make with a good friend. :)
- 1 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Raisins (or date chunks, cranberries, craisins, dried cherries, mangoes, apricots, etc.)
- 1/2 c Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life Brand is dairy and soy-free)
- 1/4 c chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, filberts or cashews)
- 2 Tbsp Flax
- Seeds 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- wet: 1 Ripe Banana (mashed)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 c nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower seed butter, etc.)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (use alcohol-free since you will not be baking)
In a smaller bowl, mash ripe banana, and add all wet ingredients.
Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix well.
Spread mixture into 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Press until flat.
Place dish in freezer for a few hours, or until firm. Remove from dish and carefully cut into 15 squares/bars or logs. For easy grab-and-go snacks, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap.
Store in fridge or freezer for up to a month. These bars soften quickly at room temperature.