Use in tacos, rice dishes, paella, ect.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T smoked or regular paprika
- 1/4 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp course salt (use less if you are using a finer ground salt)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- about 1 1/2 cups or (1 - 16 oz can) cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juices
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a pan, add onion and cook on medium-low till translucent.
- Mix together in a small bowl: garlic, paprika, red pepper, salt, coriander, cumin, and black pepper.
- Add spice mix to onions, cook together for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and vinegar. Cook together on medium for 10 minutes or longer for flavors to develop.