|Falafel Ready to Cook!|
2 cups cooked chic peas, drained and rinsed
1 cup roasted chic pea flour
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 T tahini paste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chili paste or cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 eggs, lightly beaten (Engery Egg Replacer works well!)
1/3 cup fresh dill or cilantro, chopped
oil for frying (I used coconut oil)
1/4 to 1/2 cup sesame seeds (used for coating)
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients up to oil. Pulse till dough is soft and well combined. (15-30 seconds)
2. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes - up to 24 hours.
3. Heat oil in a deep skillet till very hot.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator. If dough is too sticky to roll add a little chic pea flour. Spread the sesame seeds onto a plate. Roll the dough into balls about the size of a walnut in a shell. Flatten each ball in your palms and roll in the sesame seeds. Fry the patties for about three minutes on each side until golden brown. Add more oil if needed. When done, drain patties on a paper towel.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley, basil and mint and serve with warm pita bread and/or yogurt.