Sunday, December 19, 2010
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Soup
Today I added a little of this and a little of that and ended up with the best black bean soup yet.
Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Soup
amount: one full crockpot
5-6 cups Taste Adventure Black Refried Bean Mix/ equal amount of water
3 sweet potatoes (cut into 1" cubes and roasted)
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 Tb. lemon juice or lime
1/2 cup medium or hot salsa
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 clove of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over sweet potato cubes and roast at 400 degrees for about 20 min. (till potatoes are soft, but not mushy)
3. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil till onions are translucent
4. Add green pepper and cumin, cook till slightly soft
5. Add Black Bean Mix and water, bring to a boil, then simmer
6. Add corn and salsa, continue to simmer till soup is desired consistency. Add more water or bean mix if needed.
7. When soup is ready, stir in cilantro and lemon juice or lime
Serving Suggestions: Garnish with: tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream and/or salsa.