Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kohlorabi Greens, Pear and OJ Puree

In the summer I find myself looking for ways to feed my one year old veggies without cooking. My little guy loves to feed himself, but he doesn't exactly have the teeth to conquer a garden fresh carrot or piece of crunchy kohlorabi. So, summer purees have been our solution. In the last few weeks I have made a few concoctions and they are delicious enough that I am enjoying right along with Ezra.

Summer Puree - Kohlorabi Greens, Pear and OJ Puree (10 months and beyond)

In a blender combine and blend to desired consistancy:
Greens from two kohlorabis, chopped
1 pear, washed, cored (leave the skins on for fiber)
1/4 cup of orange juice (more or less depending on the desired thickness)

Serving Suggestions:
drink it as a smoothie, eat it with a spoon, or mix it with baby cereal (ie. rice or oatmeal), or serve over rice pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment